Friday, January 22, 2010

Small idea = BIG DIFFERENCE !

I spearheaded a Haiti relief drive in our local elementary school. I have been working with the kids for months now on various projects. We tackled very important issues from adoption, making shoeboxes filled with gifts for Christmas for the needy, feeding the poor, sending money for clean water in India , sending money to China for the Smile Train and now Haiti Relief. I was hoping to inspire and teach them , but at the end of these few months...they taught me something...YOUTH POWER !

I made a DVD for them to watch

we put it on the overhead projection..and I hit the classrooms. I asked for them to bring in anything that they possibly can.


Well, I was amazed...they collected cases and buckets full of items


And who said kids can't make a difference..


I sat at the Church and made an inventory list and separated everything


Just when I thought I was done..I would come across another donated box


we then took it to Missionary Flight Service. In their hanger we had volunteers packing up everything and labeling everything


volunteers moved the items into the donated planes


one by one, they were loaded


And the hanger was ready for the next flight


planes take off , one by one


volunteers go to Haiti to help the people

I can't imagine


bags are distributed to the kids. Each person got a bag with toothpaste, toothbrush, childrens vitamin and advil

their kids are extremely thankful


Kids touching lives

Youth Power....

No comments:

Gotcha Day in China ! 8/11/08

Domestic Re-Adoption..Its Official !


Feeding the Needy on Thanksgiving !