Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy New Year..



Let me start out by saying the New Year will be great for us all, I can feel it in my heart. I have never really looked forward to a New Year but I am determined to make this one the best ever. Why? because we have been on a downward slope these last few months. Trying to mainstream Myah in school, balance her daily iv medical treatments and keep up with doctor appointments...and still incorporate my work in the community..I sometimes sit and am completely ovewhelemed. Then trying to figure out how to get to out of State Hospitals and manage my boys with school and sports..well mind baffling.


We are faced with going back to NYC for surgery. When? Well not exactly sure. I believe I will have to take the boys with me since Hank cant take off from work. Ideally, March would be the time to go but we need to figure out the cost of flights, hotels, food and car rental..Not an easy thing to consider with 5 of us going..


As for her health we have been treading water but if we keep on target with her medical plan then surgery is the next step. This will be her 22nd surgery since she has been home with us (3 yrs) .


We still do not know exactly what the future holds for our Myah, but we know God is working mightily in her life, in our life, and in those who have heard her story. God has big plans for Myah – that much I know!
Whatever the reason, I am abundantly thankful that God has brought our sweet girl into our family forever! God has changed us because of her story.
I once was lost, but now am found.I once was blind, but now I see!
I am completely unworthy of His Amazing Grace!





Since we are a Make -A -Wish foundation family we will the need to do what we can for those who cant. So we returned to Give Kids The World in Orlando and visited with patients who probably would not make it to see Christmas. We made crafts for them and sat and talked with their parents..but it was more like wiping their tears...Its a bond we all have like no other..The waiting for the other shoe to drop is what we call it ...



I love my kids and I am proud to say my boys have stepped up to the plate and learned everything I know on how to treat her medically and have been a huge help to me. We work like a fine oiled machine when in crisis. I am beyond proud of my clan. they fill in during the night when she wakes up in pain and soothe her back to sleep. They have been a reflection of me..PRICELESS !

2 comments:

Anne said...

Mighty good to hear from you! I check the blog daily always hoping for updates.

Hugs to Myah!

marlene said...

I was very excited to see the update on Myah and the family. I can't even imagine what you and your family are going thru, I do know that God is a loving God and will walk with you thru anything. You have amazing children and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God has great plans for each of them.

Gotcha Day in China ! 8/11/08

Domestic Re-Adoption..Its Official !


Feeding the Needy on Thanksgiving !