Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Day 10









This has been an amazing trip! It hit me today, all that we had done and been through. This afternoon we stood in the US Consulate Office with our right hand raised and said the oath that made Myah a US citizen...we looked around and saw the numerous families, all of these children were abandoned...some on the side of a road, some in boxes, some in trash cans, some in malls, mine in a hotel lobby...and many did not make it...but these children did, all dressed up, mine waving her American flag.these children are bound for a place where they can become anything from a homemaker to a lawyer to a teacher...it was overwhelming to stand their and absorb that in.
A few of us went to an Italian restaurant, where I ran into Tracy, Doug and Bree...(I swear she is following me). The girls were happy to see each other again.
I am not feeling well today. I had a stupid attack and drank iced tea (which is made from water) uggh. My stomach is sour, I have a headache that imitrex wont kill (thanks Dorothy for the pills) and I just want to sleep. Momma aint happy!
This morning Hank and I walked off the island (about a 45 minute walk in 98 degrees) to go to the grocery store. We needed to pick up some items for our long trip back....Cookies, soy milk and an umbrella stroller.
Tomorrow we will spend the day packing our suitcases and mentally prepare ourselves for a 28 hour flight...

6 comments:

Vicki said...

So...NO iced tea, huh? All canned drinks from here on. Mercy. Don't dehydrate!!
The pics are simply wonderful and your daughter is a dream. I love the expressions (or lack thereof) on Hank's face in the pictures. LOL. He's a good sport, huh? It's precious to see The Hulk w/his tiny little girl and you, the spitfire, by his side. How MANY suitcases did ya'll take and how many are you coming back with? All of a sudden my ONE is not seeming large enough. HELP. Ha.
Can't wait to keep posted on events.

Rina said...

We have 1 large one each that we checked in and 1 carry on each.
You can buy suitcases on the streets for $20 ...no worries...

check your email, I emailed you back

Jennifer said...

Rina, I can't believe you're trip is over already. Although I'm sure it's been more than long enough for you. Thank you so much for sharing your journey with those of us waiting. Many blessings as you make the trip home and reunite with those precious boys that you have missed so dearly. And many prayers that Myah will adjust well to her new life. Do you have any sleeping pills left over for Hank? I can only imagine the trip home for him after his experience going over! haha

Lina said...

So when you wake up and read this it'll be 8/21... the day i used to call birthday eve, but now call your wedding anniversay!
Amazing there were a lot of the same emotions on that day as their are today(just a few more bubbles :) and no chopping vegies on the floor!)

Hope you guys have a wonderful day and a safe journey home. Know that your union has been a blessing and an inspiration... Cant wait for huge HUG!

Give Myah a big kiss for me, cant wait to give her her soccer boots, baseball cap and football jersey!:p

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY SHPIRKAS!!
Love and hugs, Lina

Chelsea Gour said...

Have a safe trip home! I've enjoyed your journey!
Chelsea

Elly said...

Happy 9th Anniversary--how many can say they have spent it in China adopting their daughter:) Congratulations and a safe journey home.

Hugs to all
Elly and Fred

Gotcha Day in China ! 8/11/08

Domestic Re-Adoption..Its Official !


Feeding the Needy on Thanksgiving !