Thursday, August 21, 2008

We're Coming Home...!







Well, we're doing our final packing for our long trip home. We leave our hotel at 4:30am and take off for Toyko, then on our way to San Fran and then off to Atlanta and finally West Palm , Florida. We arrive at 12:07 AM on Saturday.
It will be a very long trip around the world (about 9700 miles from China to the US) and we are not sure what to expect from Myah....I am not sure how I will deal with the flight since I will not be on valium....Aggh
I can't wait to be back on American soil, although being in China during the Olympics is really cool! I will be sure to update our blog when I get home! Well, the next time you hear from us we will be back in the states! Wish us luck on our trip! I miss you all and can't wait for you all to meet Myah...We are so in love with her already!
Devon, Trevor and Mitchell..We're Coming Home...! I just can't wait to see you. Get ready for some hugs, kisses and a baby sister...I promise I will make you a batch of brownies when I get home...And yes, you can eat them before you have dinner...
xoxoxo We love you...!
To the People's Republic of China, thank you for entrusting us with one of your little girls...
And to our daughter Myah....We look at adoption as a very sacred exchange. It was not done lightly on either side. We dedicate our life to you...Welcome Home !

8 comments:

dthoff3 said...

Rina, Hank and Myah. What a joy it has been to share part of this journey with you. As we leave, Vicki will be arriving and then yet another daughter will be brought home from Meizhou. Ours will be connection for life. God Bless and safe travels.
Love Tracy, Doug and Bree

Elly said...

Rina,

Thank you for sharing this aazing experience with us. We have laughed, cried and cringed on occasion--thank you! Please know we are thinking of you and praying for a safe journey home and into the arms of those three little boys that eagerly await you. Hang in there--you are almost home.

Hugs and kisses to all
Fred and Elly Short

Lynn B. said...

Wow....what a ride it has been! This blog was the best. I looked forward to reading it a few times a day. I felt like I was in China with you. What a special time it is for you, Hank, Myah and the boys. I'm leaving for my girls weekend tomorrow morning but I look forward to checking in on Sunday night to see how everything went. Thanks for letting me be a part of your journey. Have a safe trip home!
Love,
Lynn

Chad and Kristy said...

Oh, I can't believe it is time to come home!! I know you are so excited:) Flight home is a lot better than the flight there but it still feels like a never ending day! Most of the new babies did really well on our flight. We had a lot of daddy's walking up and down the aisle with them when they got restless! We will be praying for a safe flight home with no delays or lost luggage! WE are so happy for you!!

God Bless,
Kristy

Vicki said...

Bring it on home, sista!
What an amazing experience that honestly has only just begun. Cannot wait to touch down on China soil and meet Miss Emily. I'm thrilled ya'll were able to connect w/Tracy and her family. Wow. What stories we'll have to share.
I'm sure you will be VERY emotional as your plane touches down in Florida -- knowing that your little boys are near and waiting for you. I'd totally expect a flood of tears and emotions - so hang on to your Kleenex. What a happy reunion it will be.
Much love,
Vicki

Shelia said...

Wow.....the day is finally here!!! I have enjoyed this Blog so much. I can truly see in Myah's eyes a transformation from the first photo of her to now - you can see happiness, security and a trust. She is one lucky girl - espcially to come home to three brothers!!!
Should we have a tikki torches lit for you when you make your arrival into the neighborhod??????

DonnaCharlie said...

pzsmuWe can't wait for all of you to get home. Have a safe trip and we will see you very soon!!!!!

Genie said...

I can't wait to see if Myah will be a big Jerry Garcia fan! I bet Hank's having Dead withdrawls, so we should find out real soon!

Don't want you to think we're not anxious but, torches or not, you'll be home after my bedtime, and I'm sure you all need some bonding time and lots of sleep. So call me when your ready to have Myah meet our clan.
G

Gotcha Day in China ! 8/11/08

Domestic Re-Adoption..Its Official !


Feeding the Needy on Thanksgiving !