Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Kids "CAN" make a difference



Shoeboxes lined the classroom

They were on every ledge


Stuffed with all kinds of good stuff

We stacked them up in my trunk

We delivered them to the Church

And we put them under the tree in the lobby of our Church...God is Good!



Back in November I went to my kids school with Myah and talked about National Adoption Month. I explained how it was important to open our hearts, be kind and pay it forward.And if they BELIEVE that they can make a difference, then they will!

I later received an email from their teacher telling me that the children were touched and wanted to do something and if I had any ideas...

I suggested that they do Christmas in Shoebox. They had to wrap a shoebox and stuff it with gifts for a child to open. Most of the children receiving the shoeboxes are living below poverty level.

I just want to say that through donations and kindness of others in the community we were able to help out not only the local children but send money to Helpanorphan.org.

I am so proud of these students and their teachers who stepped outside of box and taught their students a lesson that can't be learned from any text book.

It was great to see these children make a difference.

Big THANK YOU TO
MS. BALSIS and MS. GLATTHORN'S CLASS!

Gotcha Day in China ! 8/11/08

Domestic Re-Adoption..Its Official !


Feeding the Needy on Thanksgiving !