Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Roadtrip !



Well Friday we will be traveling out of state by car with 4 kiddos in tow, and I must say, it’s equal parts fun and nerve-wracking. I’ve been on so many roadtrips in my life and they were all amazing. I need to keep this trip into perspective..the reason we are going is for more surgery for Myah but the reason my kids are going is because they think its a summer vacation. Very hard to decide how to feel. I want to make it fun for the kids but all the while knowing that the only reason we are goong is for the fact that the hospital awaits our arrival. So as the kids are woohoo'ing as they pack the car, mommy is putting her poker face on and trying to be as excited but to tell the truth...I just want ot cry..but mommy still have to put one foot in front of the other...and look good doing it...thank goodness for make-up ..although my waterproof mascara has been failing me lately....

2 comments:

Nanny Carol said...

We cannot go with you in person but I hope you will feel us "standing with you in prayer."
Our love, thoughts, and prayers go out to sweet "Myah girl" and to the whole family. We will be eager to hear how things are going in NY...we're believing for good things.
Have a safe trip and know "we care."

Lovingly,
Nanny Carol

Jennifer said...

Been thinking about you this week! the pics look great and it's look like you more than accomplished the goal for letting the kids have a great vacation! i can't imagine how hard today was though...lots of hugs and prayers and I hope it went well. xoxo

Gotcha Day in China ! 8/11/08

Domestic Re-Adoption..Its Official !


Feeding the Needy on Thanksgiving !