Wednesday, June 22, 2011

We get by from a little help from our friends !








People amaze me everyday !

People that just see a situation and have the power to change it..But do they know how big a change it 'really' is? Probably not..To see my daughter have a device to use to communicate with the world is both joyous and sad. I decided long time ago that she would not use sign language. I wanted her to find a way to communicate with the hearing not to communicate with only people who knew sign. So having this device is the bridge we so desparately needed. She has sat hours upon hours listening to words and trying her best to repeat them. She is determined to write her letters. HOURS I SAY..she has not moved from the couch. And my boys have been waiting patiently to get their hands on it..but it has not happened yet.

I see her looking at pictures and dragging the pictures together to make a sentence and then listening to what she wanted to say..but trying to repeat it..I truly think this is going to be her ticket to speaking...



My thanks go to our donors and although there was a lot of crying going on when we met they have touched our hearts more than they will ever know..Thank you simply is not enough...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

so awesome that she got her ipad! lots of love to you all!

Gotcha Day in China ! 8/11/08

Domestic Re-Adoption..Its Official !


Feeding the Needy on Thanksgiving !