Thursday, August 11, 2011

Happy 3rd 'Gotcha Day' Myah


I can’t believe that it has been 3 years since we first held you in our arms. In some ways it doesn’t feel that long but in another way it feels like you have been here forever. You are a perfect fit and we can’t imagine life without you. You have come so far in 3 years. You have amazed us all at how easy the huge transition was for you. I can’t imagine how scary that was for you. There were so many different faces, smells, sounds and so many unfamiliar language and voices. We are so proud of you!


When I think back of 3 years ago my mind automatically comes to this picture. I am in no means a person who think’s that I take a great picture, especially when I was 80 lbs heavier then, but there is something captured in that picture that I forever be grateful for. Can you see it? You have to look close.

That tear rolling off my eyelid.. that is the ache of waiting three years for you melting away. The pain in my heart of missing so many different milestones is being replaced with such gratitude that I get to have so many other milestones with you. The ache of my empty arms went away instantly as I felt your chest rise and fall against mine. Every single bump and hiccup in the process became worth it the moment you were placed in our arms. You’ve made your Mama and Dada look at life through your eyes and it is so much brighter with you in it. We can not begin to tell you how lucky we are to have you in our lives.

By adopting a child and helping them reach their potential, they help us reach ours. An adopted child is not an unwanted child; to the contrary. They are a child who was searched for, prayed for, cried for, begged for; received by arms that ached, making empty hearts full. Love is meant to be shared.

Happy Gotcha Day Myah..we forever learn from your strength and your survival skills...but mostly how you embraced our hearts and made us a complete family...

1 comment:

Anne said...

Oh, what a BEAUTIFUL tribute!!!

Congratulations on your 3rd Gotcha Day!!

Gotcha Day in China ! 8/11/08

Domestic Re-Adoption..Its Official !


Feeding the Needy on Thanksgiving !